Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Week in Review

I know, I know. It's only Wednesday (allllmost Thursday.) But I haven't blogged in a week. So, here's what's been going on around here:

Scarlett hasn't stopped throwing up. She has thrown up after every single meal (about three times each) for the past month and a half. We're talking 6 changes of clothing a day, puddles on the floor, coming out her nose and projectile vomiting throwup! Yuck. I'm soooo exasperated with it! We've tried slowing down her feeds, thickening them up, upping the caloric intake, sitting her up, spacing them out...nothing seems to work! So her GI and I spoke today, and he wants her to be on a 24 hour continuous feed - until Monday! Then we'll call him and see how that worked. If it didn't, we'll go from there.
*sigh*
Let me tell you, carrying around her pump/feeding bag/feeding supplies is NOT fun. I try to avoid it whenever possible. So she mainly eats at home. But now....now it'll be coming everywhere with us!
I honestly hope it doesn't work. I mean, I WANT her to stop throwing up. But if this around the clock thing works, then this pump will be attached to her the next 6+ months nonstop. =( She still doesn't even eat through her mouth still! I hope that we can figure out what's going on, and in a timely and convenient matter!

Scarlett's new favorite sleeping position

Second, I've started dieting. And by dieting, I mean trying to eat healthier. Low calorie (less than 1200-1400 a day,) more fruits and veggies, less sweets, more water, and NO overeating! This has only been going on for 2 days, but I'm going to try my hardest to KEEP going! I gained 30 pounds after I got my IUD put in, and then my stress/careless/on-the-road-fast-food/eating did NOT help! I would like to lose 47 pounds total, to get rid of what I gained and to look better than I did before that. I've already lost 2 pounds (so 45 to go) in a day! Is that even possible?! I've done REALLY well these past two days, and my scale is a digital one that is  relatively new....so maybe that just goes to show how much over-eating I usually do? Either way, I hope the scale gives good news tomorrow morning! My friend Annie and I have been texting each other pictures of everything we eat (including water!) That way we have each other to answer to and cheer one another on and keep on track! So far, it's working really well! =)



This was today's breakfast. A Skinny Bagel with Non-fat cream cheese, 4 strawberries, water, and 4 oz of apple juice.


And the last thing I wanted to talk about - I'm learning Braille! Today (blind school day!) Scarlett's teacher from the school brought me a Brailler (a Braille typewriter) and a huge workbook! I'm super excited. She said that a lot of parents don't actually learn Braille along with their child, so she's thrilled that I am. I can't imagine NOT learning it - I mean, I want to be able to help Scarlett when she gets older! With questions, with homework and reading - everything. I don't want her to have to go through all of this alone. After her teacher left, I practiced for a while this afternoon - and learned letters A-H in Braille by sight/touch and typing them on the Brailler. I can type/read any word that has letters A-H, haha! =) I'll continue to practice and type and study, hopefully every day. If I learn now, maybe I'll be able to keep up with her by the time she learns. =)








-Cait

1 comment:

  1. I really hope they figure out Scarlett's feeding and the throwing up stops asap...you know I'm always praying for you all.
    I am so excited our picture texting is working so well I need to step it up on the water since I only made it to 6 today! :/

    ReplyDelete